HISTORY

 
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13

HOW IT ALL STARTED ...

1914

In August, the 32-year-old businessman Otto Roth founded his company in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen, Germany. The company initially focused on trading heating pipe clamps.

1918

Entrepreneur Otto Roth purchased his first premises in Stuttgart-Feuerbach, Germany.

1919

The company is added to the commercial register in Stuttgart.

1922

On 12th September, Otto Roth and August Bürgi found the "Schuhstiftfabrik GmbH Köngen am Neckar" to manufacture "wedge-shaped drain pins".

1924

The first machines to manufacture blank screws and turned parts are purchased.

1925

The factory of Schuhstiftfabrik GmbH in Köngen is decommissioned on 27th January.

1928

The company expands to become a screw wholesaler in Feuerbach, Germany. The automatic turning shop for DIN and drawing parts is launched.

1946

Following the end of the war, the Federal Economic Office grants Otto Roth permission to continue the wholesale of "screws, nuts, pipes, fittings, flanges, mountings, iron and metal goods, spare parts for agricultural machines and accessories for motor vehicles" on 9th August.

1953

Otto Roth decides to physically separate the production and trade businesses.

1955

The new factory for precision parts in Stuttgart-Weilimdorf goes into operation.

1961

The founder of the company, Otto Roth, dies at the age of 79. His widow, Marianne Roth, son-in-law, Albert Grässle, and nephew, Carl Roth, take over the management of the business.

1964

A new warehouse is built in Stuttgart-Feuerbach without interrupting operations. The newly introduced, modern circular conveying system is highly regarded in the sector. The previous warehouse in converted into an office building.

1965

Due to the construction work, the company celebrates its 50th anniversary a little later on 21st May. The company already has more than 200 employees.

1970

Branches are established in Augsburg and Nuremberg.

1975

The branch in Augsburg is expanded.

1980

To expand even further, OTTO ROTH moves its production facility from Stuttgart-Weilimdorf to Buchen in the Odenwald, Germany.

1981

The plant in Buchen becomes a recognised training company for cutting machine operators of grinding machines and of automatic turning systems.

1982

Rainer Grässle, the current Managing Partner, joins the management team.

1989

On 26th August, OTTO ROTH celebrates its 75th anniversary.

1992

The trade business unit, including the warehouse and administration, is moved from Stuttgart-Feuerbach to Stuttgart-Weilimdorf into the newly constructed logistics centre on Rutesheimer Strasse.

1993

C-parts management in accordance with the Japanese Kanban principle is introduced. and expansion into the new Federal States is implemented with the branch in Chemnitz.
The Nuremberg branch opens a new warehouse in Neunkirchen am Sand, near Nuremberg.

1995

The OTTO ROTH Group further expands its national presence by taking over Berliner Schrauben GmbH & Co KG with trade sites in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Münster and Oer-Erkenschwick.

1999

Rainer Grässle becomes the sole Managing Partner of the OTTO ROTH Group. He has been supported for a long time by general managers, Hans-Peter Lumpp and Johannes Bundschuh, and limited partner Johannes-Otto Roth, who is a legal advisor.

2000

The warehouse in Stuttgart-Weilimdorf is extended to include 30,000 tray spaces and 8,700 pallet spaces.

2001

The company's website (www.ottoroth.de) is launched.

2002

Stuttgart-Weilimdorf also becomes a training company for specialists in wholesaling and foreign trade as well as for warehouse specialists.

2004

Kanban services are expanded with Kanban-Mobil.DE. This new solution is suitable also for smaller companies and based on the barcode technology: once barcode labels at the customer's site have been scanned, orders are transferred directly to us and processed automatically.

2006

The trading company for fastening elements, Heinz Bergmann GmbH & Co. KG in Hamburg, Germany, becomes part of the OTTO ROTH Group.

2008

The OTTO ROTH environment management system is certified in accordance with ISO 14001.
A photovoltaic system with 802 modules and an output of 140 kWp is built on the logistic building in Stuttgart-Weilimdorf.
The range of products is expanded to include items for the solar sector.

2009

The production facility in Buchen/Odenwald is expanded to include 2,300 m² of production and hall area and is fully modernised.
Since then, warehouse logistics specialists have been trained in Stuttgart.

2010

The business sectors of the OTTO ROTH Group are redefined. They comprise: wholesale of connecting elements, complete solutions for drawing parts (procurement of drawing and special parts, even in small batch sizes), production according to drawings and C-part management.

2011

Philipp Roth, the son of limited partner Johannes-Otto Roth, joins the company as the Assistant to the Management Board.

2013

Sales activities in Hungary are increased.
A new logistics centre is founded in Limbach-Oberfrohna near Chemnitz, Germany

2014

OTTO ROTH celebrates its 100th anniversary..

2015

New logistics centre in Limbach-Oberfrohna, Germany is opened. Branch Chemnitz is moved into this new logistic building.

100 Years of OTTO ROTH

100 Jahre OTTO ROTH

Visit our anniversary pages in German for further information

 
 
 

YOUR DIRECT CONTACT TO OTTO ROTH

 

Terms & Conditions

 
 

Certificates

 
 

OTTO ROTH GmbH & Co KG
Rutesheimer Straße 22
70499 Stuttgart
Germany
Tel. 0049 (0)711 1388-0
Fax 0049 (0)711 1388-233
E-mail: info@ottoroth.de

 
 

You can contact our main departments via the following E-mail addresses:

Sales: sales@ottoroth.de
Purchasing: einkauf@ottoroth.de
Accounting: fibu@ottoroth.de
Export: export@ottoroth.de

 
 
 
This website uses cookies. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Privacy policy